Factors of everyday life can put an abundant strain on a relationship. Severe stressors may include resentment, infidelity, intimacy issues, lack of trust, and miscommunication. When problems go unresolved, or a partner is suffering from mental illness or health complications, one can feel helpless or have feelings of guilt or shame. Communicating effectively on both parts can alleviate emotional anxiety from subjects of all kind.
Couples often seek couples or marriage counseling when the relationship is at a standstill, or if they are unsure whether or not the relationship is worth salvaging. This type of therapy can benefit families with children who have been affected by relationship issues such as divorce, and confront the source of the conflict.
I will assist you to:
- Learn more effective ways to communicate from a place of full respect.
- Learn how to "fight fairly".
- Create healthy boundaries.
- Create greater emotional and physical intimacy.
- Avoid power struggles.
- Develop realistic expectations of yourself and your partner.
- View your partner as a perfect mirror for your own growth and healing.
- Identify patterns of personal and relational dysfunction.
- Accept responsibility for your part in creating the discord.
With guidance and your commitment to change, you will re-experience the loving relationship you once had.
When a relationship is showing signs of addiction, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and/or severe depression, seek guidance from a counselor immediately, for your safety and your partner.