Please call me to discuss rates.
Unfortunately, insurance is not accepted. Payment in full for service is made at the beginning of each session.
Why insurance is not accepted
Third party reimbursement (insurance) poses a threat to issues of confidentiality and therefore, is not in the best interest of the client. Specifically:
1. All your information, including a diagnoses, goes into a central computer system which can be accessed by any physician, college, law enforcement agency, military branch, etc and can be used against you or your children in the future.
2. Most insurance companies only authorize a limited number of sessions even if you believe you may require more sessions. Your insurance company dictates your level of care which is determined by an employee of the managed care system.
3. Most managed care plans to not cover life adjustment issues, couples counseling, family conflicts or any other presenting problem that does not meet the definition of "mental illness".
If you choose to use out-of-network benefits to receive partial reimbursement, a super-bill will be provided to you at the end of each month.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment. Please Note, if a credit card is used, a $10.00 service fee will be applied to the session amount.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified me at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session as booked.
Contact Questions? Please contact me for further information.